Thursday, November 4, 2010

Saving On My Home Renovations

I have been working on my house. Mostly redoing my basement from scratch. Right now it is in a total state of disrepair. I have foam sprayed the basement walls, added an HRV as well as a heat pump and new blower. With all of this out of the way I am putting a plan together to drywall everything, add my tv room as well as a small office or computer area.
I imagine ones first move would be to rush out to a box store and look at office furniture. I was driving by an office liquidator store and decided to stop in. I found out that lots of offices will dump their existing furniture and supplies not because there is anything wrong them but because they have redecorated. I couldn't believe how it is to pick up a decent desk and chair set.
The lesson is, you don't have to buy everything brand new. Do some digging and find a used store, a liquidator or a charity that sells donated items. There are lots of options to save you some money.

1 comment: